Lesson 18: “Lord Teach Us How to Pray (2)”
The Our Father is the prayer of the child to God, the prayer Jesus gave to us to help us stay rooted in our identity as children of God, and it is the prayer of the humble servant to the King. In the Lord’s Prayer there are seven petitions that help us to better understand who we are, what is most important, and how we are to live in this world to live with the Father forever in the world to come.
1. Do I feel called to be holy, as the Father is holy? Why/why not?
2. Do I really think the will of God is what is best for me? Why/why not?
3. Do I see the sacraments of confession and Eucharist as the answer to my struggle with sin?
4. If Christ cannot free you from sin, who or what can?
5. What does your philosophy of life saw about your attachments to material things?
“It is better to be the child of God than king of the whole world.” -St. Aloysius Gonzaga