Cycle Prep LIVE Workshop (for parents and girls ages 9 – 11)
(Registration opens June 12th)
As part of the NFP Week 2023 initiative, join us for Cycle Prep, an event designed for parents and girls ages 9 – 11!
What is Cycle Prep?
This 90-minute parent-daughter workshop introduces girls to menstrual cycles, periods, and the language of their bodies in a positive, adult-supported environment. Cycle Prep encourages girls to respect their bodies and equips them to navigate the natural changes which come with menstrual cycles.
What is covered in Cycle Prep?
- An overview of internal female reproductive anatomy and introduction the the “star” of the menstrual cycle: the egg cell.
- The Analogy of the Kingdom – teaches girls how to tell the story of the menstrual cycle by learning the key roles and functions of four basic hormones: FSH, estrogen, LH, and progesterone.
- All about Periods – what is it like to have a period? Covers personal care and hygiene around menstruation, and criteria to help girls determine if their cycles fall into a healthy range of presentation or if they should seek help from a trusted adult.
- Creating a Culture of Care – Focus on personal care throughout the cycle, how to put together a period kit, and our role in creating a positive culture of girls – supporting – girls around menstruation.
- Plus: additional print resources for girls and parents to help you feel confident and keep the conversations going!
Is my Daughter ready to attend this workshop?
The recommended age for this workshop is 9-11years old. If you’d like help discerning if your daughter is ready to learn about menstrual cycles, we recommend visiting https://pearlandthistle.podia.com/cycle-prep-first-period-course/ to download the free resource “5 Signs Your Daughter May Be Ready to Learn About Her Cycle”.
Can I attend this workshop in Spanish?
This year we are only able to offer Cycle Prep LIVE in English; however, if you are interested in an online version of this workshop with Spanish subtitles, please visit https://pearlandthistle.podia.com/cycle-prep-en-espanol.
To learn more about Cycle Prep & to see other resources from Christina Valenzuela at Pearl & Thistle please visit www.cycleprep.com.
If you have additional questions or would like to request a scholarship to attend this event, please contact Deanna Johnston in the Family Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2024 Diocesan Wedding Anniversary Mass
- Feb 10 2024
- All of the day