CYCLE PREP for parents and girls ages 9 – 11
(Registration opens June 12th)
As part of the NFP Week 2023 initiative, join us for Cycle Prep, an event designed for parents and girls ages 9 – 11!
What is Cycle Prep?
This 90-minute parent-daughter workshop introduces girls to menstrual cycles, periods, and the language of their bodies in a positive, adult-supported environment. Cycle Prep encourages girls to respect their bodies and equips them to navigate the natural changes which come with menstrual cycles.
What is covered in Cycle Prep?
- An overview of internal female reproductive anatomy and introduction the the “star” of the menstrual cycle: the egg cell.
- The Analogy of the Kingdom – teaches girls how to tell the story of the menstrual cycle by learning the key roles and functions of four basic hormones: FSH, estrogen, LH, and progesterone.
- All about Periods – what is it like to have a period? Covers personal care and hygiene around menstruation, and criteria to help girls determine if their cycles fall into a healthy range of presentation or if they should seek help from a trusted adult.
- Creating a Culture of Care – Focus on personal care throughout the cycle, how to put together a period kit, and our role in creating a positive culture of girls – supporting – girls around menstruation.
- Plus: additional print resources for girls and parents to help you feel confident and keep the conversations going!
- Parish Leader Workshop
- Jul 27 2023
- 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Jun 09 2023 - Jun 10 2023
Eucharistic Congress 2023
Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School
Jun 16 2023 - Jun 17 2023
Three to Get Married- English Retreat (June 16-17, 2023)
Wellsprings Fransalian Center for Spirituality
Jul 15 2023 - Jul 16 2023
Son Tres Los Que Se Casan: 15-16 de julio, 2023 (Nacogdoches)
Sacred Heart Catholic Church - Nacogdoches
No event found!