Christ Be Our Light – Empowering Women Through Prayer
The past year has been very challenging for everyone; this is a good time to gather – seek the grace of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, rekindle the fire in our hearts as Catholic women, renew friendships and make new ones.
The St. Francis of the Tejas Catholic Church Ladies Guild cordially invites the ladies of the Diocese of Tyler’s Southwest Deanery, to share in a one-day retreat for prayer, fellowship, and education – “Christ Be Our Light – Empowering Women Through Prayer”.
Please read the following, and our revised “Cancellation Policy”, carefully and completely before registering for the Retreat!
Our guest speakers, Dr. Stacy Trasancos, Executive Director of the St. Philip Institute, Diocese of Tyler, and Stacy Farquharson, will be speaking on “Empowering Women Through Prayer”.
Pre-registration is required – registration on the day of the Retreat will not be available! Retreat registration is open from August 1, 2021, through September 17, 2021, or until seating capacity has been exhausted, whichever happens first! Seating capacity is limited to 85 people (round table style, 6-8 per table).
The registration fee of $25.00 per person includes the morning hospitality bar during check-in, buffet-style lunch, access to all Retreat activities, and refreshments during the Retreat. Full payment must be submitted with a registration form to reserve a seat. Please do not register multiple persons on a single registration form – register one person to one form whether online or by mail.
Seating is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis; we strongly recommend registering early using online registration to ensure a seat is reserved for you. Our online registration and payment function accepts credit and debit cards, and eChecks; online registration payments are processed by the same company we regularly use for Online Giving – it is secure and easy to use. And you will get immediate confirmation of payment and registration for the Retreat by email!
Registration is available online or by mail. However, if you choose to register by mail –
1. We cannot guarantee a seat until your registration form with full payment has been received and we can confirm seating space is available at that time.
2. Mail-in registrations must be received by the St. Francis of the Tejas office no later than September 17, 2021. Please check our website – stfranciscrockett.com – to ensure registration remains open before mailing your check and registration form.
3. To register by mail, print the registration form (available on August 1, 2021), attach a check made payable to – St. Francis Ladies Guild – for the $25.00 registration fee, and mail both to St. Francis of the Tejas Catholic Church, 609 North 4th St., Crockett, TX 75835. Write the word “Retreat” clearly in the lower right-hand corner of the envelope. When the registration form with an accompanying fee is received, we will contact you, as soon as possible, to confirm whether or not you have a reserved seat. Again, we strongly recommend registering early using online registration to reserve your seat!
If notice has been posted registration is closed or you receive the following message when registering online – “The maximum number of form submissions has been reached. This form is currently not available” this indicates all seating for the Retreat has been reserved. If you desire to be placed on our “waiting list” in the event a registrant cancels, please email sfottwm@windstream. net with the following information:
1. Enter “Waiting List” in the email subject line.
2. In the email body state “place me on the Retreat waiting list”.
3. Include your name and phone number.
4. Include the name of your parish.
If a seat becomes available for the Retreat, you will be notified by phone. Please do not assume you have reserved a seat by being placed on the “waiting list” – you must receive official notification by phone a seat has become available.
Retreat check-in begins on October 2, 2021, 8:45 am – 9:30 am, in the St. Francis of the Tejas Parish Hall (directly behind the Church). A detailed Retreat Schedule is available in the “Links” section above.
Free parking is available adjacent to the Parish Hall and Church. We highly recommend carpooling, whenever possible.
Seating capacity for the Retreat is limited to 75% (85). Hand sanitation will be available at the Hall entrance and in the restrooms. Masks are not currently mandated by the state, but we encourage following current Texas Department of Health recommendations. Should the situation with COVID-19 become such that it is not safe to gather in person, registrants will be notified as soon as possible. Please read our revised “Cancellation Policy” above prior to registering!
Please note when you have completed registration, you will receive an automatic email from our website provider – eCatholic – confirming registration and receipt of payment.
- Three to Get Married (English Retreat)- January 13-14, 2023
- Jan 13 2023 - Jan 14 2023
- All of the day