¡Viva Cristo Rey! The Cristeros and the Martyrs of the Mexican Revolution
In the 1920s the enemies of the Church seized control of the Mexican government and declared war on Catholicism. An army of tradesmen and farmers arose in defense of Christ the King. They were the Cristeros, and their tale of courage is among the great Catholic war stories of all time. It is a story American Catholics need to know as the freedom of Holy Mother Church comes under greater and greater assault by our own government.
Christopher Check is president of Catholic Answers, the largest lay-run apologetics and evangelization organization in the English-speaking world. He holds a degree in English Literature from Rice University.
- The Constitution on Teaching
- Pentecost and Ninth Week of Ordinary Time: Prayers and Meditations
- “You Will be my Witnesses”: How Pentecost Helps us Understand the Mission of Confirmation
- Mikki Sciba speaks at Smart Catholics Conference
- The Ascension and Seventh Week of Easter: Prayers and Meditations
Cathedral Center, 423 S Broadway Ave, Tyler, TX 75702